Sunday, May 26, 2013

Youngsters help voters to exercise their franchise

Thanks for the initiative of Election Commission which helped hundreds of people to find their polling station easily on Sunday. Unaware of where to exercise their franchise some people were seen wandering searching their polling booth. While, some of the voters were seen returning back following missing of name in voter ID list.

In such, the youngsters sitting at voter assistance booth were seen facilitating such voters to find their name and polling station easily, by just sending a SMS to 9243355223.

The youngsters were seen providing the compete details for voters in a few second, such as Assembly Constitution, serial number, name, address and room number where they should exercise their franchise by sending the message.

I was totally confused, tensed after hearing of missing of name from my voters list. At any cost I do wanted to miss my voting right and I approached the youngsters to assist me. They helped me to get my serial number and polling room number by sending a SMS. Which helped me to cast my vote,” said Sindhu resident of Saraswathipuram.

The election staff in a polling booth said my name is missing in the list and asked me to visit nearby booth. But, the boys sending the message confirmed me that my voting rights is in the same booth. By collecting the serial number I crossed check with the officials again, where I found my name,” said Shilpa, resident of Nenjumalige.

Chethan of NIE College said he has sent about 26 message till 11 am. “Am feeling very happy for being part of electoral process. Many of the people are confused with their poling booth and we are helping out them by sending a free SMS.”

Another Voter Assistant Nandini said the initiative has helped lot of people to find their polling booth in a few seconds and there is very good response from public to know their polling booth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment